• Graduated in Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of the Federal University of Minas Gerais (FM-UFMG, 1995).
• Residency in Internal Medicine at the Odilon Behrens Hospital (1996) and in Pathology at the Hospital das Clínicas at FM-UFMG (1999).
• Master in Medical Pathology from FM-UFMG. MBA in Health Systems Management from IBMEC-MG.
• PhD in Medicine from FM-UFMG.
Preceptorships and Fellowships
• Research Fellow (Urologic Pathology) at Emory University (Atlanta, Georgia, USA).
• Pathologist, in Belo Horizonte (MG), at the hospitals of the Instituto Mário Penna (Hospital Mário Penna and Hospital Luxemburgo – Coordinator and RT of the Service), at IRALAB/OCPMedicine and at the Hospital Biocor.
• Director of the Teaching and Research Nucleus (NEP) at the Mário Penna Institute.